May 4, 2019 - General/Special Election ( Johnson County Residents ONLY )
All City of Venus residents in Johnson County will need to cast their ballot at the Civic Center located at 210 S Walnut St, Venus, TX.
May 4, 2019 - General/Special Election ( Ellis County Residents ONLY )
There are two big changes for the May 4, 2019 Election:
- This election will be the first to allow registered voters in Ellis County to cast their ballot at any Vote Center location in the County.
- This election will feature new ExpressVote Touch-Screen voting machines. Stop by the Ellis County Elections office at 204 E. Jefferson Street, Waxahachie for a demonstration.
Last day to register to be eligible to vote - April 4th, 2019
Early Voting by personal appearance:
- Monday, April 22, 2019 to Friday, April 26, 2019 - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 29, 2019 to Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 - 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
GENERAL ELECTION - May 4th, 2019
Candidates - City Council Place 1
- Jeannie Prazak
Candidates - City Council Place 2
- Linda Raye Harris
Candidates - Mayor (Ballot Order)
- James L. Burgess
- Laurna M. Guidry-Shaw
SPECIAL ELECTION - May 4th, 2019
Proposition A - Home Rule Charter - English Version / Spanish Version - Home Rule Charter May Election Information and FAQ
It is the responsibility and honor of the City Secretary's Office to conduct and oversee the City Council election process for the City of Venus. Elections are conducted annually on the Uniform Election Day in May (the first Saturday in May.)
However, Texas Election laws regarding campaign finances and legal matters limit the role of the City Secretary’s Office to accepting and filing the various candidate applications, affidavits and statements and noting the date of filing.
The required election forms and instruction guides are provided on this site for your convenience. Please note that all election records and campaign reports are considered Open Records and will be viewed as such by newspaper/media reporters and opponents.
Political Sign Information
Reporting, Contributions & Expenditures
Questions regarding reporting procedures, contributions and expenditures are to be directed to the Texas Ethics Commission at (512) 463-5800 or (800) 325-8506
Questions regarding election law are to be directed to the Secretary of State at (512) 463-5650 or (800) 252-86836