|Ways to send requests for public information:
1. Mail or personally deliver request to:
City Secretary’s Office
2. Submit request via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Submit request via website (below):
Information to be included in your request:
- Requestor’s name, address, and telephone number;
- Date of request and date of the incident or document in question for which you seek information.
- The specific name of the business or individual you are seeking information about. If you do not have specific information then explain the facts surrounding your request that will help us to narrow the scope of the search.
- Where you would like your response sent.
We have ten (10) business days in which to respond to your request, pursuant to the Public Information Act, Tex. Gov’t Code Chapter 522.
Required Itemized Estimate of Charges:
Pursuant to the Public Information Act, Tex. Gov’t Code Chapter 522.2615, if a request for a copy of public information will result in the imposition of a charge that exceeds $40.00, or a request to inspect a paper record will result in the imposition of a charge under 552.271 that exceeds $40.00, the governmental body shall provide the requestor with a written itemized statement that details all estimated charges that will be imposed, including any allowable charges for labor or personnel costs. If an alternative less costly method of viewing the records is available, the statement must include a notice that the requestor may contact the governmental body regarding the alternative method.
Additional information on the Texas Public Information Act can be found on the Attorney General’s website: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/open/