Marla King – Utility Billing / Permit Clerk

Master Fee Schedule

Building & Development Fee Schedule

Contractor Registration Form

Alcohol Permit Fees 

Payments must be Check, Money Order, or Cash only.

No Credit/Debit Cards at this time. 

Permits are required to ensure a minimum standard of design, material, and workmanship is met.  Listed below are the types of permits issued and a brief description.

Building Permits are required to erect, alter or enlarge any structure on your residential or commercial property.  Permits are required for new construction, remodeling, repairs, additions, lawn sprinklers and signs.  Plot plans and floor plans help in determining whether the project conforms to building and zoning regulations.

Electrical Permits An electrical permit is required to install all new wiring for new main service or electrical work that increases the power to a home or business.  The City requires that a licensed electrical contractor do all electrical work.

Plumbing Permit Water, sewer and gas plumbing systems must be installed properly to safeguard the occupant’s health.  All new or replacement water, gas or sewer services, as well as additions, require a permit.  Only persons licensed by the State Plumbing Examiners and registered with the City are permitted to install plumbing.

Heating & Air Conditioning Permit All heating and air conditioning work, either new systems or replacement units, require a permit.  All heating and air conditioning installers must be licensed and registered with the City.

Commercial Three complete sets of plans are required along with a complete application form.  Each set of plans, depending on size or nature of the project, would have to include all or part of the following:

  • Site plan – indicating all setbacks, parking spaces, sidewalks, fire lanes, landscaping and easements.
  • Site utility plan
  • Floor plans
  • Exterior and interior elevations plans
  • Wall and building sections
  • Stairways, hand and guardrails, toilet plans
  • Door and window schedule and details
  • Structural plans of columns, beams and framing
  • Foundation plans and details
  • Plumbing, electrical, and mechanical plans
  • All other plans and details which may be necessary for review of the project
  • Site plan approval required from Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council prior to permitting any new structure
  • Energy plan review
  • Single Family Dwelling

 Two complete set of plans required consisting of the following:

  • Floor plan
  • Elevation plans
  • Door and window schedules
  • Engineered Foundation plans
  • Plot plan
  • Framing details
  • Energy plan review

Residential Addresses Two sets of plans (11″ x 17″) consisting of a plot plan showing the additions in relation to property lines and two each of the following: 1. Floor plans of the additions 2. Framing information 3. Engineered Foundation plan 4. Door and window information Pools & Spas Application form along with a plot plan showing the specific location of the pool or spa.  The applicant must obtain plot approval from the power company prior to applying for a permit.  (A fence will be required around a pool or spa.) More Details Signs To obtain a permit, complete an application form along with one set of plans consisting of:

  1. Sign dimensions
  2. Sign specifications
  3. Structural design (with engineer’s seal)
  4. Plot plan showing sign location

Should you have any further questions, contact the Building Department at (972)366-3348 Ext. 201

      • In the City of Venus, building codes and ordinances have been enacted and adopted by the City to ensure safe buildings.  The City uses the permit system to inspect all construction work as it progresses.
      • The property owner and the contractor are responsible for obtaining the proper permits.  The City’s Permitting Department is responsible for permitting all construction. Inspection of the work is performed by a 3rd party contractor.