Welcome to the Administration page. The Chief Administrative Officer of the City of Venus is considered the City Administrator.
The duties of the City Administrator include, but are not limited to, the following:
– The efficient administration of the city’s affairs;
– Attend all meetings of the City Council;
– To assist the Mayor and City Secretary in the preparation of the Council agenda;
– Advise and assist in the formulation of administrative policies;
– Organize the employees of the city into various departments;
– Duties as may be prescribed by ordinance, resolution or directed by the City Council.
The Office of City Administrator was created by ordinance as permitted by the Texas Local Government Code allowing governing bodies of Type A General Law Municipalities to create offices as deemed necessary.